According to the blogger over at The Happiness Project, there are some big, guiding insights to being happier.
1. To be happier, you need to think about FEELING GOOD, FEELING BAD, and FEELING RIGHT, in an atmosphere of growth. Clunky, but it works.
For me, the following things outside of myself make me feel good:
- planning successful lessons for my job
- creating things (poems, collages, this blog)
- keeping the spaces I spend time in organized (including my classroom at school, even my school bag)
- making my lunch for myself, making my coffee in the morning
- watching baseball on TV
- getting enough sleep
Things outside of myself that make me feel bad:
- getting behind on my school work
- weekend days spent recovering from nights out
- being too lazy to go places to meet with friends
- spending too much time indoors