Thursday, June 21, 2007

On any person who desires such queer prizes

Hello everyone (or no one)

Eric here. Finally posting my first post. We've been here three weeks now. It's felt longer.

I finished my first week of training today. It wasn't a full week. Four days. My schedule goes something like this: wake up between 5:30 a.m. and 6:45 a.m. Take a shower if if I need it. I have (my first grad) class (Ed. 610X/Experiencing Education: Individuals and Communities) at 9 a.m. That goes until noon. Lunch from noon to 1 p.m. Then more of the same grad class--1 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Then a SAF session from 4:10 p.m. to 6 p.m. This everyday. Except for Fridays. This Friday off and the next one off; after that I have content workshops every Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. I don't really know what those are yet. I feel good, actually rejuvenated in a way. I'm starting to form the dark nebula that was "How the fuck am I going to be a teacher?" into a "I think I see some cosmos on the horizon."

That's all you get for now. Just a glimpse of my educational boot camp. I'm tired. I'll put more later, just wanted to put it in a little. PUT IT IN YOUR BRAINS.

I'm going to read and write a lot tomorrow, and play some music.

Oh yeah, before I go, I have to teach a poem next week. Of course I'll ask Am____a, but I'd like to gather some suggestions.

Oh yeah. Before I go:

Never mind, I wanted to share a photo with you, but I don't have it saved on my computer. Next time.


4 comments:

Jake McMullen said...

you photo teasing whore...sounds exciting, that's great that you are getting some training. I'm sure teaching those city kids will be such a new experience. When do you find out your assignment?

Jessie Shaffer said...

I'll zap that dark nebula with my knowledge seeking missile!

Camille said...

sheesh. so much class time.

i hope the course is interesting at least.

did you pick your poem yet? what grade level does it have to be for?

Zack said...

Queer prizes?

Hrm...

Am I going to have to hurt someone while they're sleeping?