Friday, May 8, 2009

Quote and Quiz

I almost forgot. I do really like this quote: “Just because something is fun for someone else, doesn’t mean it’s fun for you – and vice versa.” This was my experience with the school production. While it wasn't terrible, around the time of the last rehearsal I realized I wasn't having quite as much fun as everyone else and felt a little frustrated that I had signed myself up to stay late at school for these past few days in order to participate. I'm going to remember this quote next time something like this crosses my radar.

Also, a quiz, "lightly adapted" from The Creative Lawyer and coming to this blog via The Happiness Project.

1. What part of the newspaper do you read first?

The NYT Magazine or the Book Review if it's Sunday. Styles or Arts & Leisure on other days.

2. What are three books you’ve read in the past year?

Atmospheric Disturbances, If On A Winter's Night A Traveller, and Leaping Poetry

3. As a child, what did you do in your free time?

Played "school," wrote in my journal, made collages (Ha! Wow. Just the same 15 years later).

4. What’s a goal that has been on your list for a few years?

To send out my poems to lit journals more often, to write new things more often

5. What do you actually do with your free time?

Watch television, go out for drinks, clean my apartment, surf the web

6. What types of activities energize you?

Teaching (on a good day), running errands, listening to music

7. What famous people intrigue you?

Let me just say I think this questions is kind of strange. But, let me think... ugh. Do I have to name names? Okay, musicians like Joanna Newsom and Chan Marshall. And lately I've been kind of obsessing in my head about Ryan Gosling but only as his character in Half Nelson, and yet, when The Notebook came on TV over the weekend, I watched it. It was horrible.

No comments: